Saturday 2 September 2017

How many espressos is too many espressos?

Dear Reader

Happy Saturday!  I still get excited for the weekend, despite it technically being no different to a weekday for me.  It must be the second hand excitement of everyone around me screaming "IT'S SATURDAY" and running to the nearest beer garden.  I on the other hand, tend to spend my Saturdays working.  Currently, I am working on my EMA for university and while it is only a 1500 word essay I am finding it daunting.  So, where is best for me to work and not have an absolute meltdown?  A café.  Where can I find a café that will provide me with constant refills of amazing coffee and not judge my weird pen sucking habit?  At my boyfriend's café.  It has this wonderful living room type feel and you can't help but feel cosy and at home in there.

I have gone overboard on the caffeine today though.  I can feel it.  You know when you want to laugh but you don't know what's funny?  Imagine that times ten and that is how I currently feel.  My brother is supposed to be bringing my niece in to visit the café today.  I cannot let her see me like this.

I'm having a good pain day today (touch wood) but it isn't always like this.  Sometimes the headaches are so bad I can't actually leave bed or do anything, which sucks.  Audiobooks are a godsend for those days.  Any of you out there who feel like you spend too much time lounging in bed doing nothing because of pain, or sadness or anything?  Invest in an Audible membership or, if you don't want to spend money, listen to podcasts.  I do a mix of both.  Currently I've got Career of Evil, the third book in the Cormoran Strike series, on the go and it is a m a z i n g.  Seriously, I could not recommend it more.

I've gone off topic.  I was going to say that unfortunately, with a good pain day often comes a poor muscle control day or a poor focus day.  Today I suspect the latter.  My mind is jumping about all over the place and I don't know how I'm going to plan out this work.  In moods like this, I often find it's easiest to do something like a mindmap, where you sort of need to jump all over the place.  That is what I've been doing and while there isn't much on it by way of actual information, it looks beautiful and really, isn't that what really makes a good piece of study material?

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.  I shall write again on Monday and tell you all about how the cool thing that I'm going to on Sunday went.

Emma
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment