Friday 1 September 2017

So, a blog huh?

Dear Reader,

I'm not a particularly interesting person, in my opinion.  I consider myself a lot of things, some of them positive, but interesting is not one of them.  So, why start a blog?  There are a few reasons honestly.

The first reason is, boredom.  Through little fault of my own, I spend a lot of time in the house on my own with no-one to talk to but a cat that I'm fairly sure is getting sick of my nonsense.  So it occurred to me, why not shout into the void?  The Internet is great for that.  You can talk and talk and maybe someone hears you, maybe not.  But it's probably better than giving a cat another reason to plot your death.

The second reason, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are in a position I'm in.  Chronically unwell, feeling like they're missing out, feeling like they have no-one to talk to and no-one who understands.  Well, I understand.  I understand that's it's bloody awful feeling alone in the world, whether you feel that way for 10 minutes of the day or 365 days of the year.  No-one should have to feel that way and I am here for those people, to chronicle my journey to feeling less alone in the hope that it can help.  If I help just one person feel like someone understands, I will be happy.

The third reason is that someone I truly admire has a blog.  I reached out to her because she made a difference to me.  She helped me feel a little less alone.  And she told me that "the world could do with some Emma".  So here I am, giving the world a little bit of Emma.  I hope you guys are happy about that.

I'm going to run this blog, post about my dorky little life and hope one person gives a shit because let's be honest, it'll be a little embarrassing if not right?

I will (hopefully) see you soon!

Emma
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment