Monday 4 September 2017

If a smoothie bowl doesn't have avocado in, is it even 2017?

Dear Reader

Oh, where to begin describing my Sunday?  How about when my poor boyfriend had to put up with the worst thing in the Western world, me in the morning.  You know those people who wake up energised and ready to face the day ahead? They splash their face with cool water and chug some green juice and do their yoga in the light of dawn?  I am the opposite of those people.  I am grumpy and annoyed and I will bark orders at everyone until I have had at least one cup of coffee, some toast and a solid 15 minutes on my vape.  So why, you may wonder, did I spend the day at a health and wellness festival surrounded by human incarnations of the sun?  Partly because I wanted some freebies (no shame) but mostly because I hear this health and wellness stuff can help with some of the icky side effects of a chronic health problem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting we all shun traditional medicine and start slathering our naked bodies with mushed up kale (unless that's your thing, in which case carry on doing you).  I just think there might be something in this whole "healthy living" thing, provided it's carried out properly and the experts have proper credentials.  And I had a really good time!  I spent a fair bit of coin but I met some amazing, incredible people and had some vegan doughnuts that rocked my world.  Seriously.  They were so good.

But honestly, I really do think there is something in looking after yourself and the management of chronic conditions.  Like, do I think that regular consumption of turmeric and cayenne pepper will shrink my tumour?  Not at all.  But do I think that meditating to try and help my focus, increasing my antioxidant intake to combat fatigue and healthy snacking to avoid nausea will work?  I can believe that and I'm giving it a shot.

If you want to maybe give it a go too and need any recommendations, brands or anything let me know.  I'm always here to help.

I hope your Monday wasn't too terrible and I'll talk to you later!

Emma
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment